Sand Mountain Propane Explosion Injures Man


Dade County 911 Director Alex Case confirmed Friday that a 91-year-old New Home man suffered severe burns Thursday night after a gas heater he was working on exploded. “He had a propane issue,” said Case. “It just blew up on him.”

The two Sand Mountain volunteer fire departments, Davis and New Home, responded to the ensuing fire. So did the Dade County Sheriff’s Department and Puckett EMS, and the injured man, R.T. Patton, was transported to Erlanger Medical Center.

Case said Patton's burns were serious, and believed him to have been subsequently transported out of Chattanooga for further treatment.

Patton’s home on Walls Circle is listed as a wood structure built in 1939.


0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Stick a dollar in my garter, hon, if you want me to keep dancin'!

Seriously! If you like features like this, and you want to see more, the minimum donation for the PayPal button below is $1! Help The Planet survive! 

If you haven't go a penny, then a ha'penny will do!

Please, suh, pitch in if you like this feature!

Donations of even $1 will help keep it comin'!

What does a buck buy these days?  Readin' pleasure!

Even Buddha had a beggin' bowl !

Ahem.

    Like what you read? Donate now and help me provide fresh news and analysis for my readers   

© 2016 by "Bien Design"