Sand Mountain Family Lose Home in Fire; Need Help

Six members of the Dodson family are homeless after a Tuesday morning fire burned their Scratch Ankle Road home to the ground. Neighbors have started a GoFundMe account to help them, and are also collecting clothing and other necessities for the family.

Multiple Dade volunteer fire departments responded to the Dec. 5 fire at 1901 Scratch Ankle but found the home, built in 1970, fully engaged. “There is nothing left,” reported their neighbor, Macailyn Underwood, who snapped the above photo from her porch. She said one family member was transported to a local hospital and treated for smoke inhalation, but the others were uninjured.

The Scratch Ankle home was owned by Steve and Jimmie Dodson. Ms. Underwood says the couple’s high- and middle-school-aged grandchildren lived with them and that all six family members are now scattered at different temporary lodgings throughout the area. She says the Dodsons were uninsured.

If you’d like to help this family, here’s a link to the GoFundMe site:

Or you can take clothing, food and other donations to Ms. Underwood’s home next door at 1931 Scratch Ankle; or call her (423-762-4645) or her mother, Charlotte (423) 762-6360, to meet in Trenton and pick up donations.

(Aftermath photo also by Macailyn Underwood.)

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Stick a dollar in my garter, hon, if you want me to keep dancin'!

Seriously! If you like features like this, and you want to see more, the minimum donation for the PayPal button below is $1! Help The Planet survive! 

If you haven't go a penny, then a ha'penny will do!

Please, suh, pitch in if you like this feature!

Donations of even $1 will help keep it comin'!

What does a buck buy these days?  Readin' pleasure!

Even Buddha had a beggin' bowl !


    Like what you read? Donate now and help me provide fresh news and analysis for my readers   

© 2016 by "Bien Design"