Sand Mountain Propane Explosion Injures Man

June 16, 2017

Dade County 911 Director Alex Case confirmed Friday that a 91-year-old New Home man suffered severe burns Thursday night after a gas heater he was working on exploded. “He had a propane issue,” said Case. “It just blew up on him.”

 

The two Sand Mountain volunteer fire departments, Davis and New Home, responded to the ensuing fire. So did the Dade County Sheriff’s Department and Puckett EMS, and the injured man, R.T. Patton, was transported to Erlanger Medical Center.

 

Case said Patton's burns were serious, and believed him to have been subsequently transported out of Chattanooga for further treatment.

 

Patton’s home on Walls Circle is listed as a wood structure built in 1939.

Please reload

vikki ad ertical.jpg
BOD - Dade Planet - Ad 1.jpg
TVNAd3-24-17.jpg

    Like what you read? Donate now and help me provide fresh news and analysis for my readers   

© 2016 by "Bien Design"